Thai classical massage
Despite its name, it does not come from Thailand, but from India. This is the type of massage that combines work on the energy channels of the human body, stretching, acupressure, shiatsu and yoga elements.
Thai massage is sometimes called the yoga for the lazy. Massaged person during a massage takes a lot of items specific to yoga. Massage begins with a foot guided towards the head, the body is gently raised, relaxed and stretched.
Thai massage also uses techniques to unblock energy channels Sen (meridians) in terms of traditional Thai. According to modern medicine (relating to methods of treatment based on scientific experiments) Traditional Thai massage is a treatment group eligible for treatment and mobilization techniques and manipulation of the spine and limbs. Performs preventive improve the condition of physical, psychological, intellectual and spiritual – increases immunity. In the case of the disease, depending on her symptoms, can constitute the main method of treatment or may be merely an adjunct to other techniques. Practically, a person of any age may apply Thai massage as a form of exercise to improve range of motion in the joints, as well as muscle strength and, as a form of relaxation, prevention and improve immunity.
Advantages of Thai massage:
- Thai massage improves blood and lymph circulation which allows for faster draining waste products of metabolism
- Accelerates the supply cells with nutrients
- Improves the overall silhouette of the body.
- Works energizing
- Unlock Sen energy channels (meridians), to which life energy flows
- Improves immune system activity
- Maintains and improves the flexibility of muscles, joints, tendons and ligaments – maintains and improves range of motion in joints
- Maintains proper muscle tone
- Helps to combat insomnia
- Heal pain in the neck, back, shoulders
- Eliminates fatigue and numbness in the legs
- Reduces headaches and migraines
- Increase the efficiency of the internal organs
- Muscle relaxation and relieves their pain
- Reduces mental tension and stress.
How is Thai Massage Performed?
The massage is also called “Thai Yoga Massage” as it moves you to many yoga-like postures. Many people say that having a Thai massage is like doing yoga but without any efforts. This is because you have to do nothing; a massage therapist will push your body at various yoga postures according to his wish.
Thai massage is performed on a padded mat on the floor. You are fully dressed, as it doesn’t require application of oils unlike other massage techniques. You may be asked to wear loose and comfortable clothing.
You are asked to lie down on your back on the padded mat. A massage therapist will apply gentle strokes using his hands, knees, legs, and feet along the energy lines to open up your body. He usually starts off at legs and then moves on to other body parts.